Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a Day!

It's days like this that test my resolve to find happy things.   Angel threw a temper tantrum for... oh, most of the day.  "I'm hungry!  I want a sandwich!  I don't want mayonnaise!  I want meat!  I don't like cheese!  I do want cheese!  I want more cheese!  I'm full!  I don't want to eat anymore!  Don't let the babies eat my sandwich!"  And then the little guys pick upon her moodiness and get grumpy, too.  It was all I could do to not scream along. But I didn't.  I haven't.  Not yet, anyway.

 Good things about the past couple of days? Hmm...

- I didn't lose my temper, or cry.
- I managed to stay a few steps ahead of the screamers, so our house isn't a wreck. (l won't mention that this is ALL I have accomplished.)
- I took a shower.  Late at night.
- Chris is pulling straight A's. Go Chris! (Right at the beginning of the term, but we're encouraged!)
- The twins ate by themselves, and managed to get more in their tummies than on the floor.
- There is a batch of asparagus-potato soup in the freezer (thanks, honey), so we won't skip dinner tonight.
- I got a few minutes of my exercise video done.  (Try doing sit-ups with a baby laying across your chest, and another one holding onto your hair.  I think chasing after them is good enough exercise, isn't it?)
- I resisted the ice cream.  So far.

Hope tomorrow is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment