Friday, March 23, 2012

Longest Ever Quick Shopping Trip, Part II

As I was telling someone about the ice cream that took hours to get (read about that sob story here), I made a startling realization.  It was the kind of thought that comes out of the blue and smacks you between the eyes.  Ouch.  And now I'm feeling a wee bit foolish.

While I was panicking at the store checkout line because I didn't have my credit card, and making the decision to run home and come right back, my credit union was right there.  I mean, there was a little branch of the place where I keep my money in the store, less than 20 feet away from my checkout line disaster.  And I didn't even think about it.

How easy would it have been to just hop over to the teller window, withdraw 40 bucks, pay for my goods, and get home?  Too easy.  But much less stressful.  <embarrassed glancing about room>  Hey, it made for a good story though.  Didn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment