Monday, March 5, 2012

Daughters In My Kingdom

I taught the lesson in church yesterday.  I've taught the children's classes, or been a part of the music, on a regular basis.  But yesterday, I got to teach the women, and  I really enjoyed it.



For a topic, I was given the fourth chapter of the wonderful book, Daughters In My Kingdom.  It's a book about the beginnings of  the Relief Society, the women's organization in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It uses the history to teach lessons and principles of topics that are pertinent to all women:  charity, service, how to speak articulately, family, our relationship with Jesus, using our talents, reaching our potential... It's chock full of good stuff, and I feel inspired every time I open it up.  Maybe I ought to read it more often, hmmm?

Here is the link to the lesson I taught, entitled "A Wide and Expansive Sphere of Action."

No comments:

Post a Comment