Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Great Families Learn

Education is important in our family.  I got my bachelor's degree in education, so I have all the pedagogy for teaching.  I use the stuff I learned in college all.  the.  time.  But maybe even more than the information, or even the methodology, I am glad that I learned how to learn.

I want my kids to know how to learn, too.  I encourage them as much as I can in their schoolwork, but I won't do it for them.  Been there, done that.  I don't need to know how to do the projects - they do.  We talk to teachers, get supplies, and cheer them on.

As much as I love for them to learn, we are all happy when summer comes.


And we'll learn different things outside of school.  Because it's important to keep learning.  It's good to have a mind open enough to get things in, but not so open that they all leak back out.


No comments:

Post a Comment