Friday, June 22, 2012

Today I

Today I was supposed to finish the curtains.   <snort>

Today I woke up when Georgie and Freddie crawled into bed with me - one on each side.  Georgie was all about poking my eyeballs, tying my hair in knots, putting the blankets over his head, kicking me in the ribs, burrowing down to the bottom of the bed, throwing all the covers off, and generally wiggling. Freddie, on the other side, would occasionally raise his weary head, stare me right in the face as if to say, "You're kidding me.  Why don't you make him hold still?!?" before he thumped back onto the pillow, sound asleep.

I made a sack lunch for David, and helped him get ready for his first overnight scout campout.  I resisted including a love note from Mommy (not 11-year-old-approved), but I did write his name is large robot letters on the bag (which did get the nod of approval).

I took Ben to orientation for his new job, then waited in the hot, non-air-conditioned car for an hour and a half while he finished his paperwork.  I didn't die, but I did get some paperwork done.

I made a list of all the things which have been bugging me.  I plan to seal the list and burn it while I forgive and let go of all that *stuff* with which I plague myself.

I made a salad for dinner because I could not stand the thought of  cooking.  Or eating anything hot.  I also made my first green smoothie.  It was quite tasty, but I have to admit that it was the first smoothie I've ever really wanted to chew.

I was happily surprised when my folks popped in for a little visit.  I cheerfully cleaned the kitchen.  I killed a spider.  I  pulled a bunch of weeds.  I coughed some while I swept off the back patio because of all the smoke in the air from a local wildfire.

I helped Alec get ready for a short trip to see an outdoor pageant.  We're all out of ice now, and our blanket stash is temporarily limited.  (Do I stay up until the wee hours of oh-dark-hundred when he gets back?)

I grounded a boy for being mean to a younger brother.  I listened to Chris and David and the neighbor kids play night games in our yard.  I changed a lot of diapers.  I put everyone to bed.

And I'm exhausted.  Mothers just are in the summertime.  Now, it you'll excuse me, I have some drapery sewing to go do.

No comments:

Post a Comment