Monday, June 22, 2015

Mission Monday

Where has the time gone?  Nine months until the first boy gets home, and only a year until the second.  This is going by so fast - and so slow at the same time.  Isn't that how it goes?


From South Africa:

So I studied the atonement and a ton of what is associated with it, and I have grown and learnt a lot this week. Basically long story short, I have a new view of the Savior and what He did for me. And then this week, that boiled over into teaching and it was so cool to see. So it goes something like this, we were in a lesson with a less active, and we were talking about the atonement. And suddenly he sits up and says something along the lines of, 'So when I miss the Sacrament, I miss the Atonement. And then I just leave Christ hanging on the Cross.' Wow! It hit me and it was totally amazing to see him take the atonement into his life. So yeah, that was basically how my week went.


From Madagascar:

But that leads us to our Malagasy Morsel of tetiarana. It means geneology and it's super important, because it's something that all of our wonderful members need to do to go to the temple and to help their ancestors recieve their ordinances too! It reminds me of a hymn that goes like: "Out in the desert they wander hungry and helpless and cold. Off to the rescue we hasten, bringing them back to the fold." There are still so many people out there that need to go home to our Heavenly Father with us! Don't forget how important family history is and don't get to lax about sharing the gospel with friends and family and everybody! We taught a lesson in Gospel Doctrine yesterday about missionary work and it is for everybody!!! If we really love those around us, we should at least give them the chance to start heading towards eternal life, and we owe it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment