Monday, August 11, 2014

Moving...

We moved this week.  That's right, we now live back in the good old neighborhood.  We will call our new/old ward the Re-Ward.  Ha!  Trent and I are in my dad's old study that he reluctantly gave up.  The old train room downstairs has a partition down the middle to separate Chris's room from David and Eddie's room, and all three little people are in a new room we just built in the half of the downstairs family room that is under the kitchen.  We (actually my older brother and his buddy) also built a small storage room around the old washer and dryer closet.  We've been really busy moving things and cleaning and painting anything that doesn't move - and sometimes things that do move, too.  We have kept the twins out of the paint for the most part, which is a miracle.  It looks really nice.




Saturday night we packed our beds into a box truck from Trent's work and brought them over.  We are hardly moved in, but at least we have five people sleeping in beds, and we are here for my dad.  I worried that he would be going a bit crazy with all the hubbub, but he has been doing great!  Maybe even enjoying watching the process.  Maybe we are more interesting than really old television reruns.

The older boys will be moving off the family room couches and into their room Tuesday.  We pulled the pink carpet out of the old train room and we are getting new grey speckled carpet to match the light grey walls.  The trim is light, light grey, nearly white.  They only got one wall done, but we are painting everything.  Nice to have it all fresh.  The carpet guy will be here Tuesday morning.

And my old house?  My big, beautiful, spacious house that was feeling too big for us? My older brother and his family are moving in.  As this was all unfolding, I wondered whether to sell or rent, and how quickly we could have it show-worthy.  Oh man, there were so many things that needed fixing!  And then my brother called and said they wanted it.  I can't believe how smoothly this is all going.  Like it was orchestrated from above, really.  It's crazy how the pieces are falling together.  I hope they love the home and our neighborhood like we did.

"The small things are what are going to get us back to Heaven someday."  I loved this quote from Alec's letter last week.  He is so right.  When we do our little things, it makes a huge difference.  And He is right there helping us.  I have noticed the Lord in all the details of this past week.  It has been crazy and stressful, but somehow it is all working out when we follow His plan.  He really loves us and wants us to grow and be happy.  I know it, and it helps me keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment