Monday, July 21, 2014

Sad Chicken Day

We had my dad this weekend while my brother and sister-in-law went on Trek, a recreation of the experience of pioneers coming across the plains in a handcart.  My sweet sister-in-law is quite pregnant, and my dad told her not to start anything... meaning having the baby, of course.  No one could believe that she would actually do Trek when she only has a few weeks left until baby day, but they were so excited to go.  Honestly, I would have gone, too.  It sounds like they had a great time and many memorable experiences. I'm jealous.

Our big news today is that the neighbor's dog got out and went on a rampage in our yard.  Feathers everywhere.  He killed Ebony and we can't find Amber.  It was pretty traumatic for the kids to come running down the hill and see that scary-looking dog with a limp chicken in its mouth.  Even Chris was mad about it, and held him in a corner with a big stick.  I'm not sure what to do about it now - the dog has the taste of blood, and I'm sure he'll be back any chance he gets.

Next up, loads of apricots to process.  The joys of summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment