Monday, April 14, 2014

Missionary Monday

Wow.  It's been a month.  This getting a missionary off took more out of me than I thought.  Now I have to wonder if I should go back and catch up, or just jump in where we are.  That's why I have always had big gaps in my writing - I think I need to fill in all the gaps, and it just seems like so big of a task to do.  Too daunting, so I put it off and the job just gets bigger and bigger.

So I think I'll just jump back in with this:


Can you see my boy?  The angelic one in the back with the glowing face?  I think he's now known as the "white boy."  This picture was taken a week and a half ago when he arrived in the Missionary Training Center in Johannesburg, South Africa.  He'll be all trained and shipping out tomorrow morning.  After that, he will spend the next couple of years of his life in the Cape Town, South Africa area.

You can read his weekly letters on his mission blog.  Oh yeah, and his name isn't really Alec, but you knew that, didn't you?

I love his smile.  He's happy.  And despite the fact that he is literally half a world away, his happy fills my heart.  I'm a happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment