Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Quick Shots

Before that first boy of mine left, I had to get a new family picture.  To shirk this motherly duty would be downright shameful.  Especially if you consider that it will be two years before he comes back home.  Two years.  <sigh>  And by the time he comes back, That next boy of mine will be gone.  And the third will be packing up his bags.  It is entirely possible that Chris will go out before Ben comes back.  And it might be four years before I see this again.


And in four years, it is entirely possible that we could have a daughter-in-law.  Or two.  I've seen how those girls look at my boys.  It's with a sparkle in their eyes, like they see something special.  They do.  They also look at these boys with their heads tilted way, way back.  'Cause I have tall boys, I do.  I'm not sure when all this tallness and handsomeness came about, but I've got to capture it while I can.


I am so grateful for my family.  They are for sure the biggest blessing I have.  Every day, in every prayer, I thank my loving Heavenly Father for the chance to be their mother.  Oh so grateful.

I wish I could grab every moment and hang on with my fingernails.  In the very same breath, I love watching the time pass and the buds open.  I can't wait to see what they will become.  It just doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment