It's days like this that test my resolve to find happy things. Angel threw a temper tantrum for... oh, most of the day. "I'm hungry! I want a sandwich! I don't want mayonnaise! I want meat! I don't like cheese! I do want cheese! I want more cheese! I'm full! I don't want to eat anymore! Don't let the babies eat my sandwich!" And then the little guys pick upon her moodiness and get grumpy, too. It was all I could do to not scream along. But I didn't. I haven't. Not yet, anyway.
Good things about the past couple of days? Hmm...
- I didn't lose my temper, or cry.
- I managed to stay a few steps ahead of the screamers, so our house isn't a wreck. (l won't mention that this is ALL I have accomplished.)
- I took a shower. Late at night.
- Chris is pulling straight A's. Go Chris! (Right at the beginning of the term, but we're encouraged!)
- The twins ate by themselves, and managed to get more in their tummies than on the floor.
- There is a batch of asparagus-potato soup in the freezer (thanks, honey), so we won't skip dinner tonight.
- I got a few minutes of my exercise video done. (Try doing sit-ups with a baby laying across your chest, and another one holding onto your hair. I think chasing after them is good enough exercise, isn't it?)
- I resisted the ice cream. So far.
Hope tomorrow is better!