Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Chris!

My Chris is 14.  Just looking at that makes me feel a bit old.  And a lot bit proud of him

making bubbles for his little siblings to play in

I checked him out of school to go out to lunch.  We did the drive-through dollar menu - as much as you can eat.  He was delighted.  I enjoyed having a chance to get him all to myself, and to talk of some of the things he's been thinking lately.  My goodness, that boy is really growing up.

He ate half his lunch, rolled up the bag and stuffed it into his backpack, and asked if I could get him back to school before lunch hour was over.  He wanted to get a school lunch, and then fill in the corners with the rest of what we'd gotten.  He's hungry and growing, that boy.  He also wanted to make his buddies jealous with a bag of fast food.  Sly.

For dinner, he wanted a big vat of ramen noodles.  We had something of a salad bar - with toppings for the noodles.  We had several different seasonings (teriyaki chicken, spicy beef, taco), a couple of sauces (soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, butter, and the creamy spinach dip that was by far the favorite!), and some toppings (bacon bits and shredded cheese).  I admit that I had my doubts, but it was a big hit with everyone.

Chris brought home a drawing he had done it art class that knocked my socks off.  I'm so impressed with this young man.  He is a whiz on the computer.  He is smart enough to pull constant straight A's.  He's starting to rock the tenor sax.  Math is so easy for him to understand.  He wants to be an architect or computer graphics artist.  And he can be.  Whatever he wants to do, he can totally go for it.

I am humbled to be the mother of such a boy, and excited to watch him as he grows.

 Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment