Friday, May 23, 2014

Prom Pictures

Ben went to prom a few weeks back, and they asked me to be their photographer.  Why, I don't know.  I'm not all that good at taking pictures (but I am getting better).

When I was in high school, the dance pictures were a big deal.  We went to the dance and danced a few songs, then joined the majority of the kids in our school in a tremendously long line that snaked through the cafeteria and down the hallway.  This is where we spent most of our time at the dance.  Not actually in the dance, doing something crazy like... dancing... but standing in the line to get a picture to prove and commemorate us being at the not-dance.  We stood in line, talking and laughing and inventing new and creative poses for the pictures.  The pictures often cost more than admission to the dance, but they were important.  I have a whole stack of them... somewhere.

I'm there on the front row, right side, in my borrowed pretty dress.

Oh, maybe that's why they ask me.  I take pictures for free.  And I guess having a professional formal portrait isn't all that important anymore, at least to my children.

That's ok with me.  I love spending a little bit of time with these kids, and I love being with them on their big date.  I was so impressed with them.



The girls were gorgeous, inside and out.  The guys were handsome and goofy.  They all just overflowed with goodness.


Every one of these boys already has his mission call.  This good group of friends will be scattered completely across the globe in the next few months.


Thanks for letting me be part of your party.  Our world is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment