Monday, May 26, 2014

Jewelry-itis

I decided to make a necklace for Mother's Day.  It was kind of a cross between a necklace and a mother's ring and a grandmother's brag book.


It starts in the middle, with love, and represents every person in the family.  Every boy has a blue bead and every girl has a pink - pretty standard colors, I know, but I liked how the blue and pink ended up, and it just made more sense that way.  Grandma and Grandpa were pink and blue beads on the same pin, separated by a small clear bead and two more small beads on top and bottom.  After that, each of their children (they are all married) was shown as a couple, but with only one small bead at top and bottom instead of two.  After each couple comes their children, and then the next family begins with a new couple.  This one was for the Alaska grandmother.


The next one got more colorful.  I really enjoyed making these necklaces, because I had to think of each member of the family - aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews - as I strung the bead for them.  I like my families.  How lucky I am to be surrounded by so many good people!


And then I made a little bracelet, just for fun.  Can you guess who inspired this one?  Maybe it would give a better hint if I hadn't turned the Africa charm backwards for the picture.  Man, I love my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment