Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter

Hope you had a happy Easter!  Ours was a rather quiet one, because I can't seem to handle too much hubbub right now.  Or planning any hubbub.  We didn't do the whole Easter bunny / baskets thing when I was a kid, so I have to make an effort to remember to get presents.  This year, there wasn't an effort.  Oh well!  We will read the resurrection scriptures and dye eggs for Family Home Evening tomorrow, so I figure I've done the important things.

We had a nice Easter dinner anyway.  All the kids helped, and I enjoyed working with them in the kitchen.  Even though I was in there for hours.  We had my dad come over for dinner, and as we sat around the table it occurred to me that I would not always have such a happily full table.  And I love having all my kidlets around.  So I had to shoot them.  Forgive me, my dears, for being a Kodak Moment Mom.


David, Chris, the top of Angel's head, Ben, Alec, Opa, Eddie, Trent, and Freddie.  Georgie was having a hard time staying at the table.  And Mom takes the pictures so she's never in them.  I looked fabulous, I'm sure.

Ham, scalloped potatoes, green salad, stuffing, green beans... yum.  And, since we are getting into chicks, we had to have them for dessert, too.  Ben made the cupcakes, and Chris and David decorated them.  It's mostly sugar.  What's not to like?  (Um.. the way our oven always burns the bottoms of cupcakes?)


No comments:

Post a Comment