Monday, March 2, 2015

Mission Monday

From South Africa:

(...the teacher in Sunday school) asked the question, "How would you define miracle?" That caught me way off guard. Over the course of the lesson, he showed, because one member asked why miracles had stopped, that miracles still are happening today. So I have been thinking a lot about how I would define what a miracle is and it has been really rewarding to dive into some of the examples of miracles in the scriptures.

So the question is, Without using a dictionary or looking it up, 'How would you define what a miracle is?'  I would love to hear what everybody thinks...

Miracles DO happen, ALL the time. All we have to do is look for them. They are all around us and they are amazing! I love being a missionary because I get to see lots of miracles in my day to day life. The Lord really does love us and wants the absolute best for us!


From Madagascar:

(We had a baptism) and our ward mission leader didn't show up to take care of everything, so there was no water in the font... On top of that the font was covered in dirt from the last baptism. "Covered in dirt?" You might ask, "why was it covered in dirt??" Well, we're getting there. Anyway, the faucet on the font takes about five hours to fill up the font, so our bishop grabbed the fire house and used that to help fill up the font a little more quickly. Yes, I did make sure to get a picture of that, don't worry. Then the water was brown. Not just slightly brown, but very brown. It was so full of silt that not only could you not see the bottom of the font, you also couldn't see more than a foot deep. So you could say that we pretty much baptize in the river...

I heard that there was lots of heavy rain and flooding in Antananarivo (hooray for news on the internet so I can stalk my boys!), so I asked him about that.  14 people have been killed and tens of thousands have been evacuated from their homes.  Of course I asked!


Yeah, the water is way bad. And it's been getting worse. I'll send some pictures next week. Our area is one of the low points so there's lots of water. We had to use a canoe/gondola style thing to get to some investigators' houses! We're just good though, there aren't any problems with us. Yeah, we get soaked and have to wade through water sometimes, but it's nothing too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment