Saturday, July 21, 2012

Today I

Today I slept in a little bit.  The babies stayed blessedly asleep until about 8.  I was so glad to have the sleep I got, since I wasn't able to go to bed until about 2 am.  Yikes.  Stupid hour.  But it was necessary, as we had to call a late-night council with my siblings and spouses (Trent calls them "spice") to figure out how to deal with our current medical adventures.

I grogged around for a while, but was able to eat the French toast Trent made me for breakfast without any spilling incidents.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with various nurses and hospital departments, trying to get a status update on me mum.  That was frustrating.

I threw my hair on top of my head in a French twist kind of 'do.  It was way too hot to wear the fur collar today.  I wore a skirt for the same reason.  I watered the yellow spots in the lawn for the same reason.

I laid on my bed and cried for a bit, just because I don't want to deal with all the stuff I have to deal with.  Then I shook myself, prayed, got up and went back to work.

I got into a teenaged argument about exactly how much information the parents need to have before the aforementioned teen is able to have permission to drive the aforementioned parent's car.  I settled a few debates about a Monopoly game.  I read the news online.  I paid bills.

I held the twins and read them stories.  I tickled and sang to them and played with them.  They have gotten so grouchy without their regular routine for the past two weeks.  I helped them learn not to scream when they want something.  I did a few loads of laundry.  I even folded and put away a load of laundry.  I didn't forget and leave a load in the washing machine overnight.  It would get stinky, so Trent took care of it for me.

I had a good visit with each of my older sons.  It felt good to connect with them again.  And then I had to ground them from the computer for breaking the rules.  And that's about it.  Lots of sitting and resting and loving on my kids.  I think we all needed a day like that today.

And oh yeah, I took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment