Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Driving Definitions

Hey, other drivers on the road with me!

I just wanted to let you know that the space in front of my moving vehicle is called a "safe driving distance."  It is NOT a "gap in traffic."  Please do not think that you can pull into that space and occupy it without causing me to slam on my brakes.  Also some muttering.  Like "Bad Words!"

And while I have your attention, I'd like you to understand that I am driving at a "safe speed."  I am neither the fastest nor the slowest vehicle around.  I observe the "speed limit" which is, like it sounds, a limit.  NOT a minimum.  I understand what these words mean.  I hope you do, too.


So please be courteous as you share the road with other safe drivers like me.  We are not out to make you late for your appointment - your tardiness in leaving did that for you.  We are not trying to make your life miserable or cause you undue duress.  Please do not call me a granny driver.  I am not yet ready for my offspring to be producing offspring.  

Share the road, drive safely, and enjoy the ride.


Were you children of mine (AKA backseat drivers) listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment