Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sick Day

We've had a bit of a bug going around our house the last while.  Oh yeah, I had it too.  Fortunately, it's not a nasty messy kind of cold, just a slow couch kind of cold.

While I was holding my little ones, I wanted to have something to do, so I got out my crochet hook and some yarn.  I wish I knew where my other supplies were, but I had some yarn and two hooks, so away I went.

I started out by making a little hat for the girl.  Her cute hair is not thick enough to keep her little head warm as she walks to school in the morning.  A couple of weeks ago, I let her pick out some yarn and I made her dolly a cap.  Now it was time to make her one to match.  It worked up in an afternoon, but as soon as I had it done, the twins wanted hats, too.  Of course.


So today I worked on hats for them.  I loved sitting on the couch, snuggling my little snifflers.  First one needed a quiet break, and then the other.  It won't be much longer and they won't want to sit on my lap or cuddle with me anymore.  I'll take all I can get.  They helped me hold the yarn, laughing as it tickled through their fingers.  They cut the yarn when I was done with a color, and dutifully tried on the hat several times.  Finally, Georgie closed his eyes and settled into me, pulling the blanket up to his shoulders.  He ran his fingers through his hair, then through mine, and drifted off to sleep.  I listened to his soft breathing turn into cute little snores and reveled in our closeness.  I'm so glad I get to keep him and hold him and cherish him for a while.

I love being a mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment