Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sleep Tight

This was our bedtime story tonight, after we are all tired as can be from the events of the day - not to mention pajama wrangling and toothbrushing.

Once upon a time, there were three pigs who built some houses.  The first was built out of grass, the second was made with sticks (Freddie: Dix!  Hit people!), and the third was out of rocks.  And the big bad wolf came.  (Knocking sound)  (In a low voice)  Little pig, little pig, let me in.  (In a high squeaky voice) Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!  (Wolf voice) Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in! (Blowing noise) And he blew it right over with one puff.  (Squeaky voice)  Oh dear!  Oi oi oi oi oi oi oi! (Narrator)  And he ran to his brother's house.

But pretty soon, the two pigs heard, (knocking sound).  (Wolf voice) Little pigs, little pigs, let me in.  (In a different high voice) Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!  (Wolf voice)  Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in! (Blowing, and blowing again)  (Georgie blows and spits all over everyone)  And he blew it right over with two puffs.  (Squeaky voice)  Oh dear!  Oi oi oi oi oi oi oi! (Narrator)  And they ran to their brother's house.

Sure enough, in just a moment, the three pigs heard, (knocking sound).  (Wolf voice) Little pigs, little pigs, let me in.  (In a medium high voice becasue the squeaky register is giving out) Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!  (Georgie: chinny chinny!)  (Wolf voice)  Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in! (Blowing, and blowing, and blowing) (All join in with the puffing, blowing faster and faster until we sound like a Lamaze practice session.)  (Narrator)  But he just couldn't blow over that strong house.  And what did he say?  (All: Too bad!  Angel:  Shucks!)  He went and got a hamburger instead.  And the little pigs were safe.  (Georgie: And they had a party.)  (Freddie: They watched a moo-fie!)

The End.
Love my little kidlets, all curled up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment