Monday, March 30, 2015

Mission Monday

This week marks that halfway mark for Alec's mission.  That seems really strange.  In some ways it seems like he just left.  But more often, it does seem distant - probably because we moved and I just can't see him "sitting over there like he used to."  I do miss him, and I hope the next year goes just as fast as the last one has!

From South Africa:

Well, this is it, hump week for the mission. It is so wierd to think that this week marks the one year mark. It has been a good year so far and is looking like it is going to be a good year coming up.

...we have a ward! Not a branch, and it was so cool to be in a ward again. I almost forgot what being in a ward was like. It is going to be way different when I get home back (home) and have like 200-300 people in one ward, so awesome to think about. The work is definantly moving along here and it is just getting started. I love being a missionary! I wouldn't change/trade it for the world.


From Madagascar:

This week has been going great. And by great, I mean it was slightly subpar, but I'm in Madagascar, speaking Malagasy all of the time, so that elevates it to great. We just had lots of people who weren't home for our appointments so we walked a lot. Yes, there is a bus system, but the traffic is so bad that usually we don't use those too much. But on Thursday, when Elder Richard and one of our zone leaders, Elder Rigby, switched spots for the day a bap interview, we walked 10.18 miles!!! So that was neat.

I saw Elder Glazier today!!! (These two were good buddies in our old neighborhood, and got called to the same mission.  They hadn't seen each other since July.)  It's still really weird to call him that. Anyway, he's so fat!!! Haha he has gained a little weight, but he looks like he's having a blast! No I did not get pictures. We were too "caught up in the moment." And by that I mean we were playing soccer, so... It was way sweet to see him though!

No comments:

Post a Comment