Monday, September 29, 2014

Mission Monday

This week on the other side of the world...

From South Africa:

It's so weird that I've been gone for 6 months already. It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm 1/4 done with my mission.

Today is going to be fun as well, as we are going to the VW factory in Uitenhage to tour it and to drive brand new VW's and Audi's on the test track that they have there. I'm looking forward to that. It will be fun!

He is also trying to teach me new words in Xhosa, and African language that is spoken by most of the population where he is right now.  I'm trying to get the hang of the clicking sounds.  C makes a "tut tut" kind of click on the back of the front teeth; X makes a cluck in the cheek like calling a horse, and Q is the tongue flip on the top of the mouth that sounds like a cork popping.  Whew!


From Madagascar:

On Monday, after the cyber in the morning, we went shopping and ate out with all the elders in Antsirabe, then we beat the tar out of some Malagasies at soccer. It was fantastic. That night, I was feeling kind of cold and I took my tempurature and I was at 100, and I felt super tired so we stayed home. Good move, because my fever shot up to 103 and I was vomiting/dry heaving a ton.

This week my word of the week is a little bit different because it's 2 words!!! Avy hatrany, AH-vee hah-CHAW-nee. It means from now on or continuously. This comes at you from Alma 32 when Alma turns from the big crowd of Zoramites he was preaching to and focuses on the big group of poor people because he can see that they are ready to recieve the gospel. And then from then on he only talks to them. I like how once he sees that there is something better that he should be doing, he turns and does that from then on. Lots of times when we try to improve, the change might not be lasting, or we might notice a problem, but not deal with it for a while. The nice thing is that through repentence we can stop doing that bad thing right away and live better starting then and continuing for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment