Thursday, September 19, 2013

27 Days

It's nearly October, so that means that the Nester's annual 31-Day writing challenge is nearly upon us again.  The idea is that we pick one topic to write on throughout the month.  Hence the 31 Days moniker.  It is a challenge to write every day.  And on the same topic, too!  I'm afraid I am too easily bored, and I too often have such varied thoughts running through my head that it's hard to just stick to one line of thought.  But I did it last year, with my Happy Mom series.  Being a Mom is such a supremely wonderful part of my life, and it does make me happy.  I don't write on Sundays, so it turned out to be 27 days for me.


I've been thinking in all 5 minutes of my spare time lately.  And wondering what I could write about this year.  It has to be something at least somewhat interesting so I don't put anyone to sleep.  But it has to be at least a little bit of a challenge, because I want to learn something as I go along.

The biggest challenge I've had in the past while is being happy. I have a family history of depression, and it's just easier sometimes to wallow in the blues and the blahs than to feel upbeat and joyful.  I don't require bubbly of myself, because that would be too hard, and too fake for me.  But satisfied with my life, I can do.  Content, yes.  Happy, yes.  And even joyful.


Being happy isn't something you can concentrate on too much, however, or you end up getting discouraged that you aren't more happy.  Stupid, I know.  Or maybe I'm the only one who does that.  So I think I'll focus on what I can do to be happy for 15 minutes at a time.  Need to ruminate on that a bit more and see what comes of it.  But be looking, because I'll be writing about something next month.

Maybe.

Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment