Friday, March 1, 2013

Love My House

In January, I decided that I wanted to be more whole-hearted, more on-purpose about loving.



In February, I got better at loving my husband by not letting his stuff mess with me.  We all have stuff.  I hope my mental and emotional baggage doesn't mess with him too much.  We've been working on it together.

In March, I'll be focusing on not letting my other stuff mess with me.  I mean the stuff in my house.  I've already been thinking about it here and here, and doing some work on decluttering here.  I want to first declutter, clean, organize, and prettify (that's a real word!).  And I need to give up some of my negative thoughts, too.  So instead of thinking about the massive stone fireplace that I'm not fond of every time I walk in the family room, I'll practice letting it go.  I'll replace those thoughts with happier, more loving thoughts as I do the work to have more that is truly lovely.

I think it would help me make it more of a priority if I had to give more frequent updates.  Maybe weekly (just not weakly)?  Need something catchy...  Moving it Mondays?  Throw it out Thursdays?  I'll put it on the back burner and mull it over...

No comments:

Post a Comment