Monday, October 8, 2012

Why Are You Married, Anyway?

27 Days to a Happy Mom - Day 7


Pretend this is a lovely picture of Trent and me on our wedding day.  I'm a little sick about not being able to post a real picture, but the hard drive where I store all my pictures is currently hooked up to a dead computer.  When I started putting my pictures there, it wasn't dead at all.  In fact, it was the strongest and fastest computer in the house.  I didn't worry too much when the computer started to slow down, but then I was surprised when it up and died.  I thought it would be great forever, I guess.

I hope we pay more attention to our marriage relationships.  When we get married, we have the best, strongest, most exciting relationship ever!  And we think it will stay that way and we'll ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after.  Isn't that what the fairy tales say?  And we are surprised when we wake up in the morning, roll over, and grimace at the man in the bed.  What happened to the glitter and twitterpation?

So why did I marry that guy in the first place?  At some point, I must have been happy with my hubby.  Ecstatic, head-in-the-clouds, madly in love.  That's why we got married.  Rather than wonder what went south, or where the problems started, or point fingers or spill out all our troubles, let's just open our wedding albums and remember the stars and magic of the wedding day.  That was a happy time.
(Found this shot elsewhere.  I hope you don't think I am not happy with this man.  I am!  Most of the time.)

Do you remember what the two of you spent most of your time doing (besides the mushy stuff)?  What were some of the things you planned to do?  Did you dream together?  What did you look forward to?  Do you remember the fluttery-heart feeling you got when you had been apart for a while and then saw him again?  How did you work together?  Was he a good kisser?  What did you giggle to your girlfriends about him?

Just for today... find a picture or two of your marriage.  Think about how much you loved each other and how happy you were.  I hope it makes you smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment