Thursday, April 19, 2012

Angel Angelee

our Angel a few weeks before her fall

A year and a half ago, our little Angel thought her wings were grown.  At a few days past her second birthday, she tried to fly out of our back window.  She landed - on the left side of her head  - onto the cement patio two stories below.  The end result was an awful traumatic brain injury, several hospital stays, a synthetic skull, and a strengthening of my faith.  I look at her now and am absolutely amazed.  I spent some time last night, re-reading the blog I wrote about the ordeal.  I have a hard time believing it was all real.  And I have a hard time believing that what she is now is real.  

Her fall changed our lives, suddenly, permanently.  I hope I never again take my child's breathing for granted.  Every day is a bit more precious, and more worthy of thankfulness.

<sigh>  I really hope I never have to do it again.  I hope you don't either.  It was horrible.  And it was amazing, to see the string of miracles that happened.

You can run over to AngelAngelee if you want the whole story.  I'm ever so glad I wrote it down, and I'm ever so glad I still have my little Angel.  Thanks, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment