Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Car Pool Flop

David and Eddie don't go to our neighborhood school.  Sometimes (often?) I wish they did.  I would love to be able to look at the clock, panic about the time, shoo the boys out the door, and sit down with my bon bons and soap opera.  OK, so I haven't watched a soap opera since high school, and I've only once had bon bons, because Trent heard me saying something about bon bons and soap operas.  

Instead, these two boys go to an elementary school across town.  I really shouldn't complain about it, because it has a specialty program that works so well for David.  I've been very impressed with how much better he's done in his schoolwork since starting this program last fall.  But I am not fond of the drive.  I am glad that we found another family to carpool with, so I only have to drive half as much.  See how much I have to be thankful for?  And how I gripe!

It is my turn to drive this week, both ways.  This afternoon, I TOTALLY spaced it.  I wasn't thinking of getting the kids at all!  I was sitting in the hallway, holding on to the doorknob of the babies' room, preventing them from getting out.  Hmmm... that might not sound good.  But they were supposed to be taking a nap and they kept coming out.  After about 45 minutes of seeing drowsy but mischievous babies wandering down the hall, I decided to take measures.  It was boring, just sitting there, so I pulled out the laptop.  I'll admit, (hanging head sheepishly and drawing circles on the floor with my toes) I was on Pinterest.  And I lost track of time.  Shame on me.

I'm not ashamed of being on Pinterest.  It's a great way to share ideas, and I've used a bunch of them in my home.  I am ashamed of forgetting my kids.  I hate it when I do that.  Good thing the kids are so easygoing... I just hope the other mom is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment