Thursday, January 7, 2016

Eating is Good for You

When I started this sick-of-feeling-sick journey, I did a lot of research.  I read about leaky guts and irritable bowel syndrome.  I found out about chemical sensitivities and food aversions.  I watched documentaries about better diets.

My current diet goes closely along with Forks Over Knives.  I eat a whole foods, plant-based diet.  That means I eat things that came from plants, instead of things manufactured in plants.

Sorting through blueberries before I freeze them for later

I eat whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.  That's pretty much it.  No processed fake food.  No commercial yeast, sugar, fat, or dairy.  I'm staring to be able to digest the fat in nuts., but no other fats.  Yes, you can survive this way, and even feel better.  I do!

Don't believe me?  Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast:
  Breakfast bowl with old-fashioned oats, Grape-Nuts, almond milk, and a whole pile of blueberries, pineapple, and banana

Lunch:
  Brown rice and black beans topped with onions and squash sauteed in water, diced tomato, parsley, and a garlic hummus sauce

Snack:
   Medium orange, apple slices with a tiny smear of natural peanut butter

Dinner:
   Big salad with greens, tomatoes, corn, peas, shredded carrots, and grapes with balsalmic vinegar and garlic toast, a few almonds and dates


It's all yummy, and it feels so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment